On 6/7/2020 8:15 AM, Andy Durbin wrote:
So how to keep birds of a mag loop without lowing the Q?

I had a similar problem with one of my early mag loop attempts about 20 years ago. If your loop is a single turn type you could arrange for the tuning cap to be at the bottom with the coupling loop at the top. That puts the voltage-neutral point where the birds will perch, and they will have no effect on the tuning.

The birds don't bother my two-turn mag loop (pix on my QRZ page) at all these days because they prefer to perch on the LPDA on the main tower.

Gus Hansen
KB0YH