BS alert!

Their slogan should be: "If you can afford it, you can violate the laws of physics."

No, you can't.

73,
Victor, 4X6GP
Rehovot, Israel
Formerly K2VCO
CWops no. 5
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco/
.
On 10/06/2020 2:27, Michael Chowning wrote:
Aesthetics, yes.  Cost? Gulp!

https://advancedhfsolutions.com/ <https://advancedhfsolutions.com/>

    Mike, N8TTR

On Jun 9, 2020, at 6:32 PM, W2xj <w...@w2xj.net> wrote:

aesthetics?

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 9, 2020, at 6:14 PM, Barry <k3...@comcast.net> wrote:

Full size verticals are hard to do on small power boats. And elevated grounds
are also hard. Water grounds are usually the most practical, but fresh water is
not great. I counsel inverted Vs as they are ground independent. On power boats
that too is a tough trick, but it can be done, depending on size of the boat. A
40 meter dipole can be made by bending the ends and can be fed with coax
through a 4:1 current balun if the run to the radio is not too great. It will
require a fiberglass mast bracketed to the fly bridge. There are several
suppliers of good, strong push up masts available; I wouldn't go more than
about 25 feet which should put the feed about 31 or so feet over the water,m
close to a 1/4 wave on 40. This arrangement will allow all band operation above
40 with a K3 as the tuner is just plain magic.

73,
Barry
K3NDM