Hi all,
Within the next week or two I am hoping to relocate my KPA-1500 to a
basement crawlspace, but before calling in the electrician and getting ready
to move it, I have a couple of questions.

1.      The area it will be going into is dusty. To the point that when I'm
in there to check on my cables or retrieve an equipment box that's stored
down there I have to wear a face mask or I'll be coughing for hours . I
suspect it's particulate dropping down from the insulation in the ceiling. I
plan to put a shelf about 10 inches over top of the amp but I'm wondering if
this might be a problem. If so, how often should I get down there with a
compressor to blow the crud out of everything? Or maybe put a piece of fine
air filter material over the fan inlet?
2.      The crawlspace is not heated and probably gets into the 40s or even
30s during the winter. Would this be a risk?
3.      I'm using the amp with a K3s. At the moment I have a Y-box from the
accessory port, and a cable from the Y-box to the amp. Since this won't be
on the same floor as the radio, how can I get this working with the radio?
If I site the amp immediately below where it is now I could probably run a
10' DB15 extension cable down from the Y-box to the amp, but I'm pretty sure
that will violate all kinds of fire regs. Not sure how I can do this.

73 and Good DX
Peter, W2IRT

President, North Jersey DX Association

DXCC Card Checker
Letter O Manager, ARRL Incoming 2nd District QSL bureau