Hi,

I have had a fault develop on my K3 whereby there is no RF being produced. I
have emailed the details to Elecraft support and am hoping to receive a
reply with suggestions. However, I thought I would also send the details
here in case anyone can suggest something to try or investigate further.

I have a K3, serial number 6482 which I built from a kit. It has worked
flawlessly since I built it. I have the 400Hz and 2.7kHz (2.8kHz?) filters
fitted and the 100W module but no other additions.

A few days ago, it was running 20W of FT8 and I suddenly discovered that it
hadn't been transmitting. Everything appeared that it should be
transmitting: the red TX LED was lit, it was not in TEST mode (TX not
flashing) but there was no RF output displayed on the bar graph and
definitely nothing coming out on any mode. There is no RF if I wind down the
power below the 10W level, there is the usual relay click going through 12W
- 13W and still no RF above this level, ie on towards 100W.

The K3 metering shows 13.5V and 0.84 on receive, 0.97A on the lower power
level setting and 1.18A on the higher power setting on transmit. The RF
output bar graph always displays 1 bar on transmit no matter what the power
level  is set but there is no RF coming out.

I tried the TX calibration but it fails saying the power level didn't reach
that required.

The receiver works fine and I can hear the CW side tone and SSB, AM and FM
audio monitoring as normal.

I have removed and reseated the front panel and also the 3 coax patch leads
behind the front panel but this made no difference. There is a yellow LED,
D33, on the main board which is lit on receive and goes out on transmit.

The latest firmware is installed - I updated this a month or so ago.

TX inhibit is OFF and the 20A breaker has not tripped.

Any thoughts or suggestions gratefully received.

Very many thanks and 73,

Peter, G4BVH