John,

The radio, an IC-7610, and the fact that I use a HB band data cable to the
KPA500, was included in my original post.  The band data cable switches the
bands on the amp, except for WARC, but there is no communication to the
KAT500 so it remains on the last band/frequency and antenna selected at the
last application of RF.  The problem is that if I am just listening and
select another band the KAT500 will not move to the correct band and
antenna. This is not a problem if I intend to operate on the new band but
it is particularly inconvenient when simply switching between radio
memories to check for activity on stored frequencies which could be on any
band/antenna.  It also affects memory scanning for the same reason.  After
a band change the KAT500 is not on the correct band and antenna so the
received signal is greatly attenuated.

Elecraft transceivers "talk" to both the KPA500 and the KAT500 and keep
them updated with frequency changes so the KAT500 selects the proper tuning
and antenna for the frequency selected on the rig without transmitting.
I'm looking for a solution that mimics Elececraft's operation.  An Arduino
project has been suggested to me and I might need to learn to program one
to read Icom CI-V data and communicate with both the KPA500 and KAT500 if I
can't find any other solution.  Apparently I'm in a very small minority
that would find this feature useful.

As for using a Top Ten band decoder, or any other decoder, to switch the
antenna system external to the KAT500 would not help with the KAT500 issues
of remaining on the last RF-selected band and antenna.  Simply changing the
antenna external to the KAT500 does not help with the KAT500 still being
tuned to the wrong band and antenna and attenuating the received signal.

*Ken *
*WA2LBI *
*LG G6 *