Hello

I've been busy building my K2.  I have completed the control and front panel
boards with all checks reading as they should.  Have just completed Part I of
the RF board and everything checks out fine except when I test the frequency
counter probe on the left side of C22 the display does not change from
00000.00.  Tried both sides but nothing reads on counter.

Checked the archive and found that Tim Soxman describes the same problem and
found a short on his probe coax.  I have checked for continuity between the two
pins in the crimp housing with the results being wide open.

Robert C Reisenweber also describes the problem and found it to be a bias
voltage on Q10 that touching up solder joint fixed.  I have re-examined all
solder joints in the area.

My questions are:

Is there something I can do to isolate the problem to either the probe or the
control board?

How do I check the bias voltage on Q9 and Q10 ?

What can I do to isolate the failing component?

Thanks for your help.

Oh, one last thing.  Can I carry on with building Part II or will that get in
the way of troubleshooting this problem.  Can I power up the radio again
without completing part II.

Terry

VA6MAC