Yes, I too have a math degree and the mean population density of California is ~98/sq km and yes, all the people in CA could stand well more than 1 m apart and no one would need scuba tanks or find themselves in Nevada [or Oregon or Arizona or Baja California].  I made it up ... it was intended as a joke.  It's a good thing I ended up supporting my family with math and engineering degrees since I don't hold a degree in comedy and apparently  I suck at it. [:=)

73,
Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County