I took great care in the construction of my rotary dipole and feed system to make it as balanced as possible. I made a clamp-on device from a split ferrite bead that I can use to measure the relative currents in the open line conductors, and they are very close.

There is one direction in which there is measurable unbalance due to a nearby object, but unfortunately this is also the direction of my major source of noise, another building 100m away, so it's not possible to tell whether the unbalance contributes to the noise or not.

Someone else said that balanced lines don't reject common mode noise. It's true that common mode noise currents can flow on the feedline, but they are rejected by the balanced link-coupled tuner at the transmitter end.

I unfortunately don't have a choked coax-fed dipole to compare it to, but it is much quieter than the previous antenna, a coax-fed multiband vertical. And it is also a far better transmitting antenna.

Let's hear it for 1930s technology!

73,
Victor, 4X6GP
Rehovot, Israel