From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Wayne Burdick
Sent: Sunday, July 19, 2020 11:26 PM
To: Andy Durbin
Cc: Elecraft Reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KPA1500 with K4 tracks VFOs with 1 kHz resolution

Andy (K3WYC) wrote:

> I still don't see the advantage of AUX bus giving the KPA1500 the TX
frequency to 1 kHz resolution.   What am I missing?

Hi Andy,

The improved resolution ensures that the correct bin is detected when you
get within +/- 1 kHz of the target ATU LC data bin rather than +/- 8 kHz.
This improves repeatability of selected LC values vs. VFO frequency,
especially on 160 and 80 meters where it's most likely to matter.

This also means that, in the future, we could use smaller bin width on some
bands if desired. This could be helpful if you were using the ATU to
fine-tune a very narrowband antenna such as a loop or electrically short
vertical.

73,
Wayne
N6KR