On 7/21/2020 3:03 PM, Grant Youngman wrote:
If the cable is shielded, and the garbage is on the PC's USB signal lines, an
external ferrite won’t do any good.  I don’t know if the cable is shielded or
not, but if it is, then the garbage may not be on the shield … and perhaps the
USB isolator might be worth a try.  Maybe.  I don’t know anything about that
device …

Hi Grant,

See my earlier post in this thread and the reference cited -- the problem is that the noise is NOT differential mode (inside the cable), it's common mode, and often on the shield, due to its improper termination inside the box.

73, Jim K9YC