I have had good luck with the RemoteRig setup with RTTY when running N1MM, but it is much better with WriteLog.  WriteLog was much more tolerant of the jitter and lag in internet connections than N1MM was.
Gordon - N1MGO

On 7/23/2020 13:50 PM, E.H. Russell wrote:
Hi Paul,

I also had good luck with the dual WKUSB setup here. Haven't tried RemoteRig
but I do know of a few top contesters that seem to get good results with it.
Will be interesting to see what the K4 does.

ED / W2RF

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Paul Christensen
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2020 10:47 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K4 and RTTY question

"This includes RemoteRig boxes, the YCCC SO2R Box, the Mortty, etc.
None
of them will pass the WKTEST program."

After two years, I gave up.  RemoteRig's internal keyer and COM port path
when using N1MM are flat-out awful unless the Internet connection has
extremely low latency and jitter.  Low-error results cannot be accomplished
from multiple remote sites while traveling.  No amount of adjusting over a
two year period would correct all the timing errors.

I'm now using two WinkeyerUSB boxes and K1EL's Remote Software.  One WKUSB
box is installed at each end of the link.  CW from paddles or keyboard is
always perfect even with marginal internet connections.  Setup is easy and
having a WKUSB at the control point also gives me four physical memory
buttons.  The box is small and doesn't add much weight or space inside a
remote equipment case.

I dread the thought that the K4 includes an embedded variant of the
RemoteRig -- as a means to accelerate product development.  Although it's
probably too late for Elecraft to consider a real, internal WK chip (and
negotiate a deal with K1EL), that would have been my preferred method of
generating CW from a remote location.

Paul, W9AC

delivered to e...@qrv.com

Message delivered to gordon.lapo...@gmail.com