A cough switch sounds like a great idea, but a bit low tech. K3 users are mostly familiar with the Tx Gate function that blocks audio below a threshold level to reduce background noise. Would it not be possible to recognise audio input above a certain pre-settable level and have that also block transmission. Normally a cough or sneeze is much louder than our normal speech (ignore this if you purchase larynx oil and practice for the appearance of P5 on a regular basis!).

Martin, HS0ZED