I had something like that happen with my KPA1500.  The way to fix it is to unplug the amp, and plug it in.

This happened to me when we had a SHORT power outage (both my K3s and KPA1500 were on).  The Amps fans went on high and the control head power switch didn't turn it off, even the switch on the PS didn't turn it off (I think).

I opened a ticket, #0479,  with Elecraft support In January.  Same 10v issue.  Sent them logs, blah blah.  No resolution and no further communication.

I THINK there is some sort of problem with the line that communicates between the K3 and KPA1500.  This issue is initiated by a very brief power outage. I was able to duplicate the problem.

I sent all the info to Support, on how to duplicate the problem, but they never replied...

Bottom line, the TEMPORARY fix is to 1. turn off the K3, 2. Unplug the Amp.  Plug amp back in, and power up k3 (which should also power up the
KPA1500).
I have a UPS on the K3, but not the Amp (for obvious reasons).

Hopefully, Elecraft will eventually fix this issue.

73
Nigel
Wa6MSE