I prefer to operate without headphones, but find the audio output from my KX-3 to be too weak to be usable, and the rigs' audio amp is not up to driving an external speaker very well.   I tried both an amplified Motorola speaker and a small MFJ unit, but when using SSB (10-15 Watts) at home into a beam or into a dummy load I can hear myself quite clearly in the speaker, so RF is getting in somehow.   (the rig's Monitor function is not turned on!)   I have tried ferrites on both the power and audio lines to the speaker, but they have not helped.   This is while using an Astron RS-35 linear supply for both the rig and the speaker.    Any suggestions, or powered speaker recommendations?

Ron,   WA2EIO.