On 8/5/2020 10:40 AM, Grant Youngman wrote:
It seems to me that if you need training classes or training videos to
effectively use a radio, then that’s a problem — either with the radio’s owner
(and I mean no disrespect to anyone) or with the radio.

I agree, but with this caveat. Each radio mfr has developed their user interface over decades, and each is different from the other to varying degrees. In this century, I've owned Ten Tec, Kenwood, ICOM, and Yaesu. Before that, Hallicrafters, Hammerlund, Heathkit, Drake, and WII surplus gear.

My first Elecraft rig was a K2, bought used in 2003, and I upgraded to a K3 in 2008. User interface between those Elecraft radios, and then to the KX3, has maintained the same logic. In every case, RTFM, combined with understanding how radios work, has been all I've needed.

73, Jim K9YC