73,
Rick NK7I
FAR North Idaho

On 8/28/2020 4:13 PM, Bill Johnson wrote:
Exactly spot on in my opinion. What "works" in my backyard, perhaps will not in
yours.  What seems to be a great antenna in my yard, doesn't make it movable and working
elsewhere.  That's the fun of antennas IMHO.  Love to experiment and don't take too
seriously all the suggestions.  I like talking about antennas but not pontificating about
one over another.

73,
Bill
K9YEQ

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Lyn Norstad
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2020 8:41 AM
To: j...@audiosystemsgroup.com; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Inverted L for 160 meters

Jim, K9YC wrote, in part:

My approach to ham radio has never been mediocrity, but rather to get
better at everything within the limits of my real estate and resources.

Bingo!  We would all like to build the "perfect" antenna for each band and
each intended usage, but more often than not, there are limitations.

In my case, a vertical of any significance would not be permitted by HOA
rules (visible from street), nor would installation of a suitable radial
system be possible due to septic drain field and other considerations - both
physical and aesthetic.

So we do what we can and try to maximize the performance thereof.

Done.

73
Lyn, W0LEN

Message delivered to k9...@live.com