[Resending to actually try to answer the question.]

You can use the USB built in to the K3S to set up CAT control. (With a K3, you can use the USB <--> RS232 cable that came with the K3 or is available from Elecraft.)

You set up your CAT control in the Preferences->Settings->Radio? Mine shows the serial port "/dev/cu.usbserial-<serial>", Baud Rate 38400, Data Bits 8, Stop Bits 1, Handshake None, PTT Method CAT, Split Operation Rig.

Note: The <serial> above is the serial number built in to the USB<-->RS232 chip in the radio or the cable. It keeps wsjt-x using the correct adapter even if you move the adapter between USB hubs etc.

With CAT control, the wsjt-x will correctly display the frequency the K3S is tuned to. Using the frequency widget in wsjt-x, you can change to other frequencies and bands and the K3S will automatically follow.

73 Bill AE6JV