-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Don Wilhelm
Sent: Sunday, July 09, 2006 11:32 AM
To: Arie Kleingeld PA3A; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] Front panel knobs

Arie,

I have never seen this problem, but the setscrews may not have been
adequately loosened when the knob was put over the shaft initially.

The other potential thing could be a burr of some kind on the inside of the
knob.  Should you find one like that, I would suggest turning a twist drill
inside the hole in the knob before attempting to attach it to the pot shaft.

I do not know how to recover from your current situation without possibly
damaging the pot.  If I were doing it, I would order a new pot and after
that attempt to remove the knob in any way that works (including destroying
the old pot) - I might order a new knob too just in case I could get the old
one off without damage

73,
Don W3FPR