Hi Wilson,

The response of the DSP IF filters combines (cascades) with the roofing filters; when both are the same bandwidth, their skirts fall off much more sharply (the rolloff is equal to the sum of the two filters). When one is much broader than the other, we get only the skirts of the narrowest one.

This is generally true of all filters, whether digital or analog, except to the extent that the combined phase shift modifies the total response.

73, Jim K9YC