Looking at the recent (though long from complete) K4 guide, I don't see an IF
OUT per se as I have in the accessory board in my K3 (or in fact the output I/Q
 from the KX3 I can run directly into my sound card on the computer).   Does
the XVTR IF OUT suffice for this?

The reason I ask is that eventually my LP-PAN is going to die - hopefully not
soon but I have been using it for quite some time now. I use the IF  out from
the K3 into the LP-PAN and then into NaP3.

Now I do realize there is a panadapter on the K4 - obviously - but I DO enjoy
(in fact pretty much need) the large computer display for the pana/spectrum
display and DO use the NaP3 software controls for K3 functions on my keyboard
and mouse for tuning and such.
The display on the K4 is not the same thing I don't think. Even with some
keyboard/mouse controls native to the K4 (?) the display size is a deterent to
me as it exists.  Apologies to the company. I assume maybe there MIGHT be a
video card OUT re. the K4 panadapter at some time, but that is a maybe.. and
more money.

I won't be nearly the first to get a K4.. down the line probably as I have a
K3S here and a K3 at the in-law's property. If I did get that 'last final rig'
and it was  a K4 (Iikely as I don't have much in the shack since 2000 that was
not Elecraft) I would, as an older fellow then.. want the larger visual display
of the computer/IF out/NaP3 sort of solution.

So, do I get some IF out I can use?
tnx
Brian VE3VAW