Well, let’s think about this one a bit.  I for one was not disappointed with
the pricing; I think they did a super job.

I have a K4D on first-group order for $4700.  The new price adds $300.  I’m ok
with that due to the extreme circumstances involved with getting parts, etc.
But there’s another way to look at it.

To get a rig from Elecraft pre-K4 such as the K3S, compared with the K4D, you
would have to add a K3S SUB RX, synthesizer board, at least one CW or narrow
SSB filter (or both), the I/O board for all the antenna connections, a P3, a P3
SVGA option, a P3 TX monitor option, a digital voice recorder.  And, I’ve
probably forgotten a few, such as the K4’s ethernet connection and all that
implies.

Throw in the extras offered by the K4D and man this is a great deal.  For
example the P3 cannot compare with the display on the K4(D).

Throw in performance and it’s even better.

Enjoy the hobby whatever you choose to get.  Fun is the name of the game.

73,

Gary W2CS