I just use GMail. I scroll through my emails and look at the subject. If it
has something in it I don't want to read, I check the box at the left.
After I go through all of them that way (not even opening them yet), I
click the "mark as read" button. All the marked emails get moved out of my
inbox to the "read" portion. They aren't gone, I can go back and read any
of them if I want to, but I don't have to read them NOW. I go to the bottom
of my remaining unread emails, open the last one, and read it. Then I hit
the arrow at the top right, and move to the next email. Lather, rinse,
repeat.

Not all that hard.

If there is something that pops up frequently, I create a filter for it,
and just mark it as read. On rare occasions, I make a folder and send the
offenders to Coventry. Other than that, I read pretty much everything else.

73,
Gwen, NG3P