Remember the noise/gain equation and how what determines sensitivity is
ultimately a systems noise figure.  ... when used with a transverter or an
EME preamp the  noise figure of the system will essentially be set by the
noise figure of the first stage.  Subsequent stages have much less effect
on the noise figure, as the noise contribution is divided by the gain of
the preceding stage.