The Petzl Tikka headlamp has a red LED mode. I like them because they seem to be reasonably reliable compared with the other small, inexpensive, headlamps I have used.

(One of the other headlamps I otherwise liked kept the battery compartment closed with a thin loop of plastic. After changing the batteries only a few times, the loop broke, the battery compartment wouldn't stay closed, and the contacts on the flopping lid no longer completed the circuit.)

73 Bill AE6JV