From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Jim McCook
Sent: October 16, 2020 13:49
To: Elecraft Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [Elecraft] KPA1500 Using Multiple Antennas With the Tuner

Jim, Thanks for the info.  You understand the problem for sure.  Dick is being
very helpful now, but I'm getting erratic data for him because switching
between antennas sometimes only results in "NEED TUNE PWR"
with OK result after a few seconds, and other times I get the fault due to
initially high SWR and high power output.  I'll probably go with switching to
STBY before applying RF to the new antenna.  That way the instant mismatch
won't create a fault due to 1800w output!  BTW I hope your house was unaffected
by the fire.  I feel badly for Bob.

Dave.... that ANT1 ANT2 arrangement will not work with my setup for other
reasons.  Thanks anyhow for the suggestion.

Jim

delivered to ockm...@gmail.com