Jim,

If your KPA500 is older, there was a change to the transformer mounting which added a couple washers to the assembly - both under and above the transformer. Contact supp...@elecraft.com for details and availability of the kit.

On 2020-10-20 8:11, jimn4kh wrote:
I wasn't my intention to resurrect an old thread. I checked the archives before posting my message yesterday. I found a little info but not much. Perhaps I missed it. I delayed going to the list but Elecraft tech support is apparently really backed up because I've gotten zero response to my emails and voicemails beyond one email with the hum mitigation tech note I mentioned before. I thought perhaps the larger community had a specific solution. Judging from the widely varied responses I've gotten obviously not. I've tightened, loosened, and moved the transformer around multiple times with no change. I'll go get a torque wrench and try that but I cant imagine it resolving the problem given how loud it is. Ill take it all apart first and try the procedure once and see if it helps. I just don't like having to solve problems through experimentation on a $2k+ amplifier.
Jim N4KH