I want to sincerely thank everyone who responded to my question abt the charger
and battery.This week I was activating summits in the Sauratown Mountains in
North Carolina, as part of SOTA. Using KX2 & a miniature screwdriver vertical.
KX2 is the best, an incredibly powerful radio.My goal is to increase radiated
power, while carrying the lightest load in the backpack...the climb Thursday
was rated as "strenuous" and my old runner's knees could really tell that.As I
like to operate from exposed rock faces, the dipole configs won't work. KX2 &
MP-1 has worked well, especially from Signal Peak on St Lucia last year...but
it helps to be on an old volcano surrounded by salt water. (See J6/K4RLC on
QRZ)Tnx agn for the vy helpful info.73 de K4RLC Bob