GM All,

I have something very unusual going on with both of my K3 radios. I set the
CONFIG PTT-KEY parameter to RTS- DTR and the parameter does not change  when
I go in and out to the CONFIG menu, nor does it change when I change bands.

If, however, I turn off the radio and then turn it back on, the  CONFIG
PTT-KEY defaults (?) back to OFF - OFF. I am using the KIOB interface and
the RS232 parameter is set to USB with the resultant COMPORT is COM5. When
this started recently when I was having problems with MITTY and N!MM with
AFSK RTTY and I had to turn off and on the radio several times to change
some cables. Normally, I very seldom turn off the radio - meaning for the
most part, It's on 24/7. I have looked through Elecraft's and Fred's
documentation and I could not find any reference to "Oh, by the way, if you
do or don't do this, then weird things could happen".

Has anyone else encountered this problem and if so, how did you solved it?

Best regards,

Jerry, W1Ie

.