From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of j...@kk9a.com
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2020 10:27 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3S MIC Problem

I have not seen this occur, is there any chance that you were adjusting the VOX
or some other way of accidently bumping that control?

John  KK9A  (W4AAA in last weekend's Sweepstakes)

Bill Rogers W3UL wrote:

I'm guessing that I'm not the first to notice this on the K3S.  I don't do much
SSB but was active in Sweepstakes this past weekend and noted that occasionally
the audio would go dead.  Looking around I found that the MIC gain had dropped
from the usual (about 16) down to zero.  I placed a toroid around the MIC cable
and this seemed to prevent the problem most (but not
all) of the time.  The MIC cable (and the K3S) both sit next to an Alpha 87A
amp.  I don't recall reading about this. Is some protective function being
activated?

William (Bill) Rogers / W3UL
Annapolis, Maryland U.S.A.

Message delivered to gthorn...@thorntonmostullaw.com