I’ve been using RemoteTX for my remote operation for a while now.  With the
7300 it worked just fine using the USB port for audio and control.

I switched over to use it with my K3S and it seems to work differently in one
strange annoying way.  The audio coming over the USB line is constantly
monitored and sent to me over RemoteTX.  Even during transmissions.  Unlike the
7300, I’m getting an echo of whatever I’m saying.  And, of course, it’s delayed
to make it even harder to talk.  ;)

Now, if I connect to the rig using an external sound card and the line in and
out on the back, it works fine, as long as I have the Monitor turned down to
zero.  What it sounds like is that there is a ‘monitor’ function going on when
I use the USB connection.  Does anyone know anything about this?  Like a secret
menu/button that I’ve missed to adjust a ‘monitor’ function on the USB
connection.  Or some blatantly obvious paragraph in the manual, that is
probably in bold, that I can’t seem to find?

And yep, I could just do the external sound card, but hey, it’s more fun to
make things work, right?  ;)

Be safe all!

Dave, AI7R

"I may not have had the best childhood, but I've certainly had the longest!"