From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net On Behalf Of Bernie and Cheryl
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2020 1:16 AM
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K3s Notch Filter

Dear Folks:

I have a question about use of the Notch filter on my K3s.  I am primarily a CW
operator.  I understand that, in CW mode, the notch filter's operation is
manual, and you tune (adjust?) the filter using the VFO B knob (admittedly,
I've not tried it in USB or LSB mode, where I understand its operation is
automatic, unless you opt out).

I have tried using the filter in CW mode and can detect no effect whatsoever
while turning the VFO B knob.  I even tried it on the AM broadcast band, with
the rig in CW mode, and was unable to have any effect on the AM carrier.  For
what it is worth, the little indicator on the LCD display, with the two arrows,
does come on when I press the Notch filter button.

What am I doing wrong?  Thanks for any help you can give me.

73 de Bernie, KF0QS