I hit upon the scan mode by accident with my brand new KX1. Reading the manual it appears the memories are the scan boundaries. I've not set these, so they would be whatever default.

I've noticed that while scanning, and even after scanning, the RF I hear is reduced from what I had heard before. And the display flickers, for example if it's displaying 2 it will flicker to 3.

It keeps doing this until I power cycle the radio. Then the RF/signal goes back to normal, and the display works OK.

Well, the decimal point seems to flicker once and awhile. I've double checked the solder joints, esp around the display and micro. Vibration does not cause the flicker either.

Normal stuff here?