Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2021 20:11:07 -0500
From: Don Wilhelm<donw...@embarqmail.com>
To:elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] External sound card advice needed to attach to
        K3

I fail to understand why so many are resistant to using an external USB
soundcard.  Those adequate for data mode use are available in the $10 to
$20 range, and it solves a lot of problems.  Sure there are exotic
soundcards costing $100 or more, but those are overkill for data modes.

If you have a computer dedicated to the ham station setup, you can avoid
this problem by simply turning off the OS sounds, but if you are using
that computer for other tasks, then you likely want to leave the sounds
turned on.  With each OS update, check to be certain the OS sounds are
still turned off.

Just make sure your OS does not set the external soundcard as default.
Windows often does that when you first install it - check the soundcard
settings.

73,
Don W3FPR