> just acquired a used KX1 and trying to figure out the wiring of the
> stereo key plug both for a straight key and for a paddle. I only have the
> PDF version of the manual, where do I find it? or is there a standard
> method of doing it?

In Pdn, the tip is dit, ring is dah, body is ground.

Unfortunately, it appears that the KX1 doesn't have the K2s auto-detect
feature, where you can wire a straight key to a stereo plug, with both
tip and ring closing the contact, and the radio figures out that you've
plugged in a SK without changing the mode... so you'll want to
wire tip and ground for the SK and change to Hdn mode.

This is hinted at on page 44 (45th page in the PDF), and a bit more
clearly on page 65 (66th page in the PDF).

See also p 68.

73 de chris K6DBG