Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 10:07:51 -0800
From: Phil Kane <k2...@kanafi.org>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Subject: Waaay OT: A new kind of QRM to be
        aware of ... warning issued by FCC today

On 1/18/2021 6:10 AM, Steve Hall wrote:
> During my hamming of over 50 years, the FCC has never felt it necessary to
> threaten hams not to break the law, that is not until we have this new
> administration coming into control.  My concern is what they will define
in
> the future as criminal acts.
That's because up to now it was unthinkable that licensed hams would use
amateur radio in the commission of crimes.  The law and the enforcement
apparatus always was there, though, and was used without any publicity.
We're going through violent times now and it's sad that such a notice
had to be issued.  Violators can't say that they weren't warned.

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
Elecraft K2/100   s/n 5402
(30 year veteran of FCC Field Enforcement)