Hi,

a friend tells me that the CW characters sound very hard / short on his K3
in the standard mode "CW QRQ = OFF". This makes the characters at higher
speed ~50WPM vy hardly readable by the QSO partner.

Experiments with "CW WGHT" do not lead to success.

At higher speeds, my friend therefore switches to the mode "CW QRQ = On",
where the effect does not occur. However, some functions (RIT, SPLIT) are
unfortunately not available there. Therefore, this is not an ideal solution.

So far I have not found any clues to help him solve the problem.

Are there other setting possibilities to solve this issue, or can there also
be a hardware problem here?

73, Wolfgang
DL2KI

--