Given that you are running generally older hardware and system software, you
probably don'tneed to worry about how "out of date" your FTDI driver might be.
(I'm running a 2017 iMac withBig Sur installed and working beautifully). I
assume that your USB hardware really is FTDI andnot one of the infamous clones
that have been discussed to death here and in other forums.If it really is
FTDI, then D2XX Drivers - FTDI lists version 1.4.22 as having been released
on21 January 2021 (!) and is suitable for Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger or later, which
should be OK for you.

|  |
D2XX Drivers - FTDI

HTH and 73,
Brandy, N1HO

    On Saturday, January 23, 2021, 11:51:23 AM EST, Richard