Try shortening your poll rate if you can, to maybe 500ms.  I realize in some
cases that might be too fast for the K3, but play with that.

Also, serial ports are typically these days “eight, one, none.”  I see you have
“eight, TWO, none.”  Make sure your port is really configured that way.  Unless
you explicitly set it for two stop bits, it’s likely defaulted to eight, ONE,
none. One stop bit is generally quite adequate.

73,
David - N5DCH