I am considering buying a K3S, waiting to hear from Elecraft if they are
selling refurbished ones.  The website says they are...will also consider a
used one.

I am currently using a K2.

So I'm trying to understand everything that may be relevant to me and my
setup.

One thing is the connection from my laptop to the K3S.  The laptop has 2 USB
ports.  One USB port is used with a wireless keyboard.  The other USB port
is connected to a 4-port hub.  From the hub, one port goes to a Winkeyer.
Another port on the hub has the USB connector for a mouse.

I don't think I will need the Winkeyer with the K3S.  (Can someone confirm
this?).  I assume I could still use the hub and now use a USB to USB mini
cable to connect to the K3S.

The laptop also has a mini HDMI port.  Could I use a micro HDMI to mini USB
to control the K3S?

Thanks,
Mike NJ2OM

--