next clue : i pulled the outputs, which are not shorted and the set acts ok ,
that leads me to believe that I got a  lowpass filter issue  ....
especially since I get almost dead short at the output of the finals/ input to the LP filters,,

onward,,,

bill

After a 4th july trip with my k2 upon keying it goes hi current, then does a reset.

At any power level, any mode, any band,

finals not shorted, but get instantly hot when trying to go to transmit before it resets. Can't measure any transmit voltages , since it won't stay in xmit,.

I notices trouble when powering up , as the dsp would not always turn on ,,,,
but since there is no power out and hot outputs guess it's in the xmtr??? not the control....

is there a convenient way to isolate the issue??? since it shuts down when going into transmit ???

bill