"When I have the Tuner in By-Pass Mode for an antenna with a low SWR, even when
making small changes in the frequency, the Tune switches to MAN (Manual Mode)
and the MAN light is flashing. How do I get it to stay in By-Pass Mode."

One reason for flashing MAN is that KAT500 has entered auto tune mode and is
waiting for sufficient power to start the solution search.  I don't know if
this is the reason in your case.  Do you have the ability to log the commands
your Flex is sending to KAT500?  Is it possible your Flex commanded autotune
(FT;)?

I never run my KAT500 in BYP mode after I found defects in the antenna
selection logic when BYP mode is active.  I always run in MAN mode and MAN mode
with bypass active is electrically identical to BYP mode as far as the tuning
solution is concerned.

Andy, k3wyc