Hi everyone! I’m new to the list and to Elecraft radios and HAM in general.
Thanks for bearing with me while I learn!

I picked up an unassembled K3 at an auction three weeks ago. It’s been sitting
in a box with most of the boards sealed in their anti-static bags since 2009.
I’ve hit a snag and I’m hoping someone here can help.

I have the rev B RF board and I’m doing the manual’s resistance tests. Voltage
regulators U12 and U13 are both supposed to test at > 150 ohms. U12 passes but
U13 tests at 87 ohms. This unit has never been powered up so I suspect it has
to be a bad regulator. I can solder a board just fine and assemble PCB’s but
I’m not overly comfortable with hardware debugging. I’ve removed the side cover
and checked for loose boards, bad connections, etc. with no success. Anyone
have any ideas how I should proceed? Do I just replace the regulator? Do some
other debugging?

Thanks!
73
-Adrian