I have replicated this behavior both with the internal as well as the MH3
external mic. Of course set at different mic gain levels, always per the manual
which as you said suggests 5 bars of ALC.  I have tried lower and higher mic
gain settings just for fun, with the same results.

I don’t think this is an mic gain issue, as it does happen on any other band
I’ve used (80, 40, 20) and only on 10m. I made a video showing the behavior
here, let me know what you think: https://youtu.be/7wWd6vRYSxo

I have had great QSOs on 40 and 20 so far, and feedback that my audio is
extremely low on 10 until it “warms up” and then reports there are excellent,
also. I usually talk on 10m for 45-60 minutes every weekend morning and it
performs well once it’s up to power.

Nate KE8QID

Sent from my iPhone