My default sidetone pitch is 440 Hz, which is plenty sufficient (for me) to discriminate between two very close signals signals, if they are not too unequal in strength.

I am more interested in choosing the optimum pitch for particular filter bandwidths and QRN conditions rather than for discriminating between multiple stations. I suppose the wpm speed of the CW signal might also come into play in optimum pitch selection. This is probably more complicated than just "lower is better".

I'm looking forward to "live" adjustment of signal pitch on the K4. Seems to me that adjusting the pitch of the signal would be the natural final tweak needed to enhance it.

73,
Drew
AF2Z