Carl -

Just saw your note on the reflector.  This morning I completed the RF board
on one I've been building since early February.  Al the soldering is done.
The rest is the mechanical parts.

It's my fourth K2.  One I keep as a contest backup, two I've sold, and this
one I am donating to a junior high school radio club.  I do them because the
build is an extraordinary experience, made all the better by the excellence
of Elecraft's engineering, (and their support when I've needed it.)

There was an additional reason for my doing this latest one.  Not long ago I
suffered a hemorrhagic stroke that pretty well disabled both the sensory and
the fine motor control of my left arm and hand. (I can't feel it when I am
holding a screw or nut in the fingers of my left hand, and trying to
manipulate something that small is damn near impossible.)  I undertook this
build as a home-made form of physical therapy.  It required some strange
adaptations on my part and some of it was slow going.  We'll see in another
few days whether it went together at is should.

Whatever the outcome, I greatly enjoyed the ride.  Nothing like it.

Ted, KN1CBR