Hi Ben,

Others with more knowledge may chime in, but here is what I know:

The crossover frequencies you can find in the K3S schematic file. Here is a
link to it:

https://ftp.elecraft.com/K3S/Manuals%20Downloads/E740323%20K3s%20Schematic%20Files.pdf

It is the first page in the "options" segment. You can search for "KBPF3A"
to find it (the file is *big*).

I have not been able to find any real specifications for it. The
installation manual has no specs. I also don't know if either ARRL or
Sherwood has collected any data outside of the regular ham bands. In
principle the K3(S) equipped with this filter should have nearly identical
sensitivity anywhere from 0.1 to 30MHz. Note: the KBPF3 version has L1
installed which limits the low end to 0.5MHz. If you have an unmodified
early K3 and want to use it below 0.5MHz you need to add add a bypass
capacitor as described in the installation manual. Without that the bottom
end is very noisy from power supply noise. I know many people are fascinated
by Non-Directional-Beacons (NDBs) which are generally in that low frequency
range.

I have it in my K3S and find plenty of sensitivity anywhere in the range
supported (0.1-29.7MHz). I don't do much SWLing anymore since the number of
English language SW transmitters have dwindled over the past 10 years. It's
all Internet radio these days. Are you sure you have good antennas for the
bands where you think sensitivity is low? I certainly have no problem using
a 102' G5RV anywhere from 0.5 to 29.7MHz for reception. I leave the tuner in
bypass.

Knut - AB2TC

w4sc-2 wrote

--