You probably have WSJTX Settings -> Radio -> Split Operation
set to "Radio"

With Split Operation WSJTX will shift the transmit frequency +/- 1 KHz
as necessary to keep the audio tone in the 1500-2000 Hz range.  With
a -500 Hz shift, your transmit (TX) is probably between 1000 and
1500 Hz.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-04-23 8:51 AM, krug261--- via Elecraft wrote:
I don't know how long this has been going on (wow, sounds like a song lyric), but
each time WSJT keys up my KX3, the transmit frequency shifts down 500hz. For
example, the standard 30m FT8 freq of 10.136 000 shifts down to 10.135 500. The
freq shift shows on the KX3 vfo B and the WSJT screen. It occurs on all bands, as
well as if I change mode to FT4. When this occurs the KX3 screen shows: DATA; TX
is pointing to the B vfo; SPLT is illuminated; and the vfo B freq is 500hz lower
than vfo A. I have pressed A>B (which changes the vfo B freq back to that of
the vfo A) and then held the SPLIT button (which has TX now point to vfo A and
SPLT disappears). But once I key-up it reverts back to the original screen display
and the lower transmit freq.
I have gone through the manual and cannot figure out what else to clear on the
KX3. In WSJT: PTT Method is CAT; Mode is Data/Pkt and Split Operation is Rig.
These settings have not changed.
What am I doing wrong? Or, is something wrong? Suggestions appreciated.
Bob, KA2TQV