Hi, guys. I smoked my K1 by plugging in the wrong DC cable. It came from a
35V supply instead of 12V. The radio worked for about 15 seconds, then died
with an odor of burning components; no visible smoke. Realizing what I had
done, I connected it to 12V to troubleshoot. I see only 1Hz pops of (low)
voltage on the 12V line using an analog meter. I hear a weak 1 Hz click from
the speaker, see nothing on the display.  I removed all daughter boards. I
see no visibly burned components. I removed and checked C35 and it still
acts like a capacitor. I measured 4 ohms on the 12V line which seemed low to
me. I removed U5 and saw the same 4 ohms. I reinstalled C35 and U5 (although
I suppose U5 could be the victim/culprit itself) and, per the
troubleshooting suggestions in the manual, measured 5.5K on the 8V line and
670 ohms on the 6V line.  RF-Q7 tab measures 3.5 ohms to ground. No idea
what these resistances should be. Should I just replace U5? Look elsewhere?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks & 73,

/Rick N6XI