Wayne,

Thanks for sharing the memories.

I had been drawing things since a child, won a contest with a local radio show for my crayon drawings at age five. By the time I was in college I was already good at that. I got 1/2 point off one of my drawings in drafting class, otherwise got 100% (found out latter, I was top in drafting for my engineering class).

But I went into Electrical Engineering as a profession (where drawing skills helped with diagrams).

Many years later I married the chief drafts-person for ORECK Engineering. She was doing 3-D models on a computer which provided files for their modeling machine to create scale models of prospective products from plastic. She had been an artist in HS and chose drafting as her profession (instead of starving artist). She handled the entire blueprint library, keeping eng. change records for the company. Great organizational skills. Those of you who subscribe to Dubus Magazine in NA know her for managing subscriptions (Janet Cole).

73, Ed - KL7UW
  http://www.kl7uw.com
Dubus-NA Business mail:
dubus...@gmail.com