Fran,

First, you said 'tune the load' -- there should be no tuner of any kind on
the output of the K2 when measuring power into a 50 ohm dummy load.  The
varaition of power within any band can and likely is) a result of an input
impedance varaition in the tuner.  If you are using the KAT2, put it into
one of the bypass states (see the KAT2 manual).

Secondly, the accuracy of your power measurement is highly dependent on the
dummy load.  If you have a good antenna analyzer, check the dummy load at
all frequencies of interest - if the dummy load is truly good, it will have
a reactance of zero and a pure resistance of 50 ohms.  A precision dummy
load should be within 1% of those values - if yours is otherwise, you can
take steps to calculate the true power, but if there is any evidence of
reactance in the load, the math becomes non-trivial.

73,
Don W3FPR